Sunday, July 8, 2012

Thank You Notes, a Conundrum

When someone gives me something, I always like to thank them and return the favor as soon as possible. I do that because I like to help people and I enjoy seeing them happy. When I give someone something, I don't want a thank you note or a returned favor, I just want a smile to know they actually enjoyed what I had done. You would think I would think people would feel the same way? I do to a point, but I still feel obligated to write thank you notes.
Here's the thing, a thank you note is like a prison for me. I would love to return the favor and to give to those who have given to me, but I like to do it in my own way, and in a way that is actually good for something. When I write a thank you note, I have to hold back the hordes of thoughts in my mind that would like to burn, pillage, and destroy every thank you note I had written. I just can't get into them I don't know why. I love thanking people, but those just make me want to explode. Why do we think the only way to thank someone is by a card that says thank you on it? I feel like it is wrong for me to send the card, since I loathed ever second of its creation. Wouldn't you rather be thanked in person than by a card in the mail? Wouldn't you rather I did something for you, without feeling the obligation to write thank you notes? Well I do. It's not that I don't appreciate people, I just find those to be excessive and annoying. I mean is it really a thank you note, if I am not thankful to be writing it? Or should we call it, notes with thanks? Anyways, I think that thank you notes are a Hallmark invention meant to doom and enslave the human race for the next few hundred years.

But seriously, Transformers?
Why the Zombie Apocalypse Would Never Catch on in the Transformers World

No comments:

Post a Comment